Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. In this meme, we share our Top Ten novels/bookish things in a certain category. This Tuesday, I will be naming my Top Ten Science Fiction Novels!
For the past 2 months, the majority of the books I’ve read is Science Fiction. I have been reading some really fantastic dystopian novels that I can’t wait to talk about!
1) Delirium by Lauren Oliver: This series is just spectacular! The Delirium Trilogy is probably the most unique series I’ve read. It is a mixture of romance, action, faith, and self-discovery! Although the book is fictional, Love can be considered as a disease to an extent because it affects us in ways we never thought possible. Anyways, this is DEFINITELY a must-read!
2) Legend by Marie Lu: I love this series so much!! I felt the biggest connection towards June and Day. They don’t even feel like characters. They feel like actual people. I love how descriptive Legend is written as well. Legend has similarities with the Hunger Games and Divergent, although Legend is distinct. So if you love dystopian books, go and read Legend!
3) The Maze Runner by James Dashner: This book was SO WEIRD, but in a good way. My brain was blown into freaking little bits. I kept thinking about it after I was done. From the start the readers have NO idea what is happening. All Thomas, the main character, can remember is his name. No one in the Glades fully knows what is going on. As the book continues, characters develop and secrets are unfolded.
4) Matched by Ally Condie: AHH! I am so obsessed with this book! It’s so different than other Science Fiction books. I was surprised to find such mixed reviews on Goodreads. Maybe it depends if you are really into Science Fiction Novels because I thought Matched is beautifully written.
5) Significance by Shelly Crane: Significance is so cute! It has such a great storyline and wonderful characters! From the beginning, I fell in love with the characters. The novel is such an emotional and perfect novel. You guys will love it!
6) Divergent by Veronica Roth: Tris fueled the novel and made me obsessed with the Divergent Trilogy. Tris is such a badass! I saw her grew so much in the three novels. She changed from being a sheltered nobody into being a brave and strong leader. Also, the movie comes out this month! I can’t wait!
7) Panic by Lauren Oliver: This book definitely surprised me. Normally I don’t like stand-alones because most leave me half full and wanting more. This particular stand-alone blew me away! It was so moving and just….wow. I’m still speechless of how amazing it was!
8) The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: I started reading The Hunger Games WAY before the movie came out. Let me tell you, it gets better and better every time I read it. I just love the story and how unique Panem and the districts are. The movie franchise does so well because its books were flawlessly written!
9) Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan: This series is probably my favorite science fiction/fantasy novel ever because I’m such a mythology nerd. I love learning about the gods and goddesses. I was so intrigued by Percy and his perilous quests! LOVE LOVE this series.
10) The Host by Stephanie Meyer: I read this book so long ago, but I still remember how explosive it was. I got hooked after the first 100 pages or so. I loved possession and mind control aspect of the novel. I thought The Host was a much better story than the Twilight Saga. The story was so exciting, and it addressed some interesting ideas about what makes us human.
I hope you guys love these books as much as I do!
Until next time,
Catcha later bookworms!