This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the Top Ten Books/Authors that got you back into reading.
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Check them out!
I actually love this particular category because each of these books/authors play a BIG part in my love for reading.
Hope you enjoy this week’s Top Ten!
1. Book: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: This book plays a big part in my reading journey. If I did not read Hopeless, I don’t think I would be writing this post right now on my own blog. Hopeless inspired me to venture out to different books and authors. You can check out my review of Hopeless here.
2. Author: Simone Elkeles: Simone is ,definitely, my favorite author by far. She’s spunky, down-to-earth, and obviously writes the best books I’ve ever read. The Perfect Chemistry series is so special to me. It made Alex and the other Fuentes brothers have a special place in my heart.
3. Book: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: I mean WHO DOESN’T love The Fault in Our Stars? I probably cried over 100 times throughout reading TFIOS. There are wet spots on the pages to prove this. TFIOS changed the way I thought about life, love, and loss. If you have not read this book, READ IT NOW!
4. Author: Jessica Park: Jessica Park writes the best romance books, I swear. I mean her books are the only books that makes me cry, giggle, and swoon ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Weird right? Left Drowning and Flat-Out Love = works of art.
5. Book: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: Vampire Academy is the book that made me fall in love with the Young Adult Fantasy genre. If it wasn’t for Vampire Academy, I would not have the opportunity to read so many amazing fantasy novels!
6. Book: It’s Kind Of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini: This book helped me overcome so many hardships in my life. It taught me that through my struggles, there will always be light and hope. RIP Ned Vizzini.
7. Author: Jillian Dodd: Her books are just BE-AUUU-TIFUL! If it wasn’t for Keatyn, I wouldn’t have the great fashion sense I have now. 🙂
8. Books: The Twilight Saga: I know you guys will hate me for saying this, but I really enjoyed these books as well as the movies. Twilight is what actually got my foot into the door of reading. I wouldn’t have this blog right now if I did not read the Twilight books!
9. Book: Marked by P.C. Cast: Okay, I have a reason why I have this book on my list…. I hated this book so much that it inspired me to do reviews on books and give my honest opinion. Who knew good things come out of reading such terrible books? 🙂
10. Book: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: This book taught me that you should always be there for people when they are in a rough place. You can’t ignore them when company is the most important thing they need. We have to be considerate of others and take care of those around us. Absolutely loved this book!